Boston Proper - Dont Expect Your Order Any Time Soon

This happens repeatedly with Boston Proper.They send out catalogs with fun clothes at reasonable prices and then it takes 6, 8 10 and 12 weeks to get the items.

After speaking with customer service today I was told that Chico's just bought Boston Proper and that they are a "Back Order Company". I guess I didn’t realize allowing people to order items and not delivering them for months was a viable business plan. Is it any wonder they had to sell the company?

Why not just close the doors – I would get my items just as quick!They even charged me 12.95 for “Expedited” shipping and handling which states on their web site I will receive the item within 5 days.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 19, 2013 #653388 Mississauga, Ontario

I SOOOO know what you're saying!! I paid for expedited shipping. Never received a notification any thing was out of stock or on back order - I have to drive to the US border to pick my items up over an hour away, only to find out my items didn't come in -and didn't get a notification - when I complained to Boston Proper customer service I made an order on 7 May to arrive on 10 May but BP didn't ship until 10 May which means my order doesn't arrive until 14 May, I was angry! They said there was nothing they could do about it. I had to demand my expedited mail service be reimbursed (they didn't offer) further more - anything on back order I couldn't cancel because it was "in transit" - Trying to escalate the problem is horrible because Customer Service won't escalate and there are no other contact numbers or email addresses. Nice clothes, it's a shame they can't their business affairs in order.

0 0 Reply

May 16, 2013 #651823 Cincinnati, Ohio

Love the clothes but they are always.........on back order, or after you order they cancel the order a few days later . After having this happen time and time again, I
Will no longer order from them . It's a joke.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Boston Proper. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Boston Proper.
Filing a new complaint about